Creating gquery applications using the maven gquery-archetype
This page describes how to create a new mavenized gwt-application which uses gQuery, from scratch, and using the gquery-archetype.
- Install maven and put the mvn command in your path
- Run the following commands in a terminal
- This command generates a project ready to work with gwt-2.5.1 if you wanted an old version edit the file pom.xml and set the version, or use an older version of the archetype.
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=com.googlecode.gwtquery \ -DarchetypeArtifactId=gquery-archetype \ -DarchetypeVersion=1.3.3 \ -DgroupId=com.mycompany \ -DartifactId=myproject \ -DprojectName=MyProject
- Change to the new created folder and check that the project compiles
cd myproject/ mvn clean package
- Run the project in develop mode
Importing the project in Eclipse
The archetype generates a project ready to use in eclipse, but before importing it you have to install the following plugins:
- Google plugin for eclipse: Helios Indigo Juno
- Sonatype Maven plugin
Then you can import the project in your eclipse using either:
- File -> Import -> Existing Projects into Workspace
- File -> Import -> Existing maven projects
After this you should be able to run the project in development mode and the gwt test unit.
- Right click on the project -> Run as -> Web Application
- Right click on the test class -> Run as -> GWT JUnit Test